E.O For Cooking – Olive Oil Infusions
I love cooking with my essential oils, but over the years I have learned that when it comes to using oils in cooking, less is more!
One of the things to remember when you are cooking with essential oils is the fact that they are very potent. One drop of any herb essential oil (like oregano) in cooking, is equal to an entire jar of dried herbs. I’m telling you from first hand experience 1 drop of that oil makes the meal inedible!!! So you really only want the smallest amount. The great thing about Young Living Essential oils is that they are pure enough and safe to be ingested (not all oil brands are).
Heating essential oils breaks down the stability of the molecules and you loose the therapeutic properties in them.
So it is best to add your essential oils at the end when the heat has been turned off.
When I’m using the oils for savoury dishes I add essential oils one of two ways:
- Get a tooth pick and dip it into the essential oil bottle then swirl the essential oil soaked toothpick around in your food. This will give you a very small amount in your food. If you want a stronger flavour you might need to do it another few times. Make sure you taste test between as it can get overpowering very fast.
- You can make your own Olive oil infusion with essential oils:
- I take 2 oz (60mls) of olive oil in a glass bottle.
- I add 8-15 drops of my chosen essential oil (s) to the bottle of Olive oil.
If I’m making a blend for pasta sauce then I divide the 8-15 drops between the essential oils chosen eg: I use 2 drops of Oregano, 2 drops Thyme, 2 drops Basil, 2 drops of Marjoram this totals 8 drops. (Depending on how strong a flavour I want of the chosen oils depending on how many drops I add to the Olive Oil.)
- I then shake the olive oil well to blend and then store in a dark cool place.
- I drizzle it over my meal just before I service to infuse the meal with the flavour.
If this video doesn’t play click here
How to order: If you wish to order any Young Living essential oils go to www.youngliving.com. You can become a member (click on the member sign up button top right of the page) and create a wholesale account. I’m your referring member so you need to add my member number #685608 in both the sponsor and enroller boxes. For more information on what kits to choose when joining click here. If you have any questions or need help enrolling/setting up your account I’m here to help, so please email me: email@example.com
(If you were sent to my website from a different Young Living member please refer back to them for their member number and help creating your account.)
I am an independent Distributor with Young Living Essential Oils because I believe they are the best product I have found on the market today and they have proven their effectiveness and consistent quality to me over the past 11 years. I share them with you to enable you to achieve the freedom and wellness that these oils have offered me and my family.
The information provided here is for EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY and is in NO WAY intended to replace proper medical advice. IT IS NOT for diagnostic or prescriptive use or to be construed as instruction on how to cure or treat any condition, illness or disease.