Tendon and Ligaments – Palo Santo
Palo Santo (Bursera Graveolens) is a essential oil from Ecuador and it translates to “Holy Wood”. It is knowns as the Ecuadorian Frankincense, so it is very powerful when dealing with meditation and prayer. But today I’m talking about its potent effects for supporting tendon and ligament issues.
Lemongrass essential oil is best know for supporting tendon and ligament repair, but I have found Palo Santo even more powerful.
How do I use the Palo Santo oil?
- I apply 1-2 drops over the area of the tendon or ligament issue 2-4 x per day. I use the oil straight on the skin (neat) with no carrier oil.
- I then will often follow with a drop of lemongrass as it is also very powerful for supporting tendons and ligament issues. (note: Lemongrass can be uncomfortably warming on some skin types. If it gets uncomfortable I then follow with a few drops of carrier oil (like almond, olive, coconut or Young Living’s V6) to take the heat out of it).
- If I need to cover a large surface area (eg: the leg) then I will mix 10-15 drops with 30mls of carrier oil
My recent tendonitis story:
I recently had mummy thumb or De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, which is common in new mums and is caused by the thumb squeezing towards the fingers when your lift your child. It results in inflammation in the tendon at the base of the thumb and is VERY VERY painful, (it felt like someone was stabbing me to the bone with needles every time I moved it.) The more you use it, the more inflamed it gets and the more painful it becomes, but because you need to keep lifting up your child it becomes quite a vicious circle. Immobilising the joint is one of the best things you can do for it.
A big problem is that most women don’t do anything about it till months later at which point it is a longer journey to getting it back to normal.
What did I do?
- I oiled myself up several times per day with Palo Santo, Lemongrass, and Deep Relief.
- I took a lot of Sulfurzyme, (Young Living’s MSM supplement which helps to balance the fluid inside and outside the cells, so very powerful to support the body when is is inflammed)
- Worked with my physical therapist, and
- Wore a thumb brace
But it still took time to heal. The essential oils brought me a lot of relief and speed my healing considerably. Its common for women to have this for 8-12 months. I had mine cleared in 3 months.
So if you have this make sure you are prepared to wear your brace for a few months, get treatment with a therapist and the faster you get into the brace, the faster it will heal.
If this video doesn’t play click here
If you wish to order any Young Living essential oils go to www.youngliving.com and become a member. When you enrol you need to add my sponsor and enroller member number #685608.
If you have any questions or need help enrolling/setting up your account please email me: email@example.com
I am an independent Distributor with Young Living Essential Oils because I believe they are the best product I have found on the market today, and I desire to share them with others and enable them to achieve the freedom and wellness that these oils have offered me and my family.
The information provided here is for EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY and is in NO WAY intended to replace proper medical advice. IT IS NOT for diagnostic or prescriptive use or to be construed as instruction on how to cure or treat any condition, illness or disease.