Balsam Fir – For muscles, lungs, skin and nervous system.
Balsam Fir – Abies balsamea, is quite surprising for its versatility and history. Fir oil was used by Hildegard of Bingen for fevers, paralysis and in an ointment for the insane to “restore their mind and good health”, back in the 11th century. The natives of North America used it for skin, bruises, burns and wound healing.
Its a highly anti-inflammatory essential oil and can be very powerful for relaxing the nervous system, muscles spasms, uplifting spirits, supporting the lungs and respiratory system.
It has also been studied for its powerful antiseptic effects on staphylococcus spp. & E. coli.
Balsam fir is a fine oil and is very gentle on the skin. I use it on my infant son (I do dilute is 50/50)
How I like to use Balsam Fir Essential Oil.
- For muscle spasm, inflammation or pain, I apply a few drops straight on the area or I mix 10-15 drops in 30mls of massage oil to make it spread further.
- For wounds/bruises or skin I apply a few drops on the skin and then follow with a fatty carrier oil like almond or avocado oil.
- For lungs – opening my respiratory tract I rub a few drops onto my chest
- For depression/uplifting my spirits I rub a few drops on my temples (keeping the oil well away from my eyes). I also like to cup my hands over my face and take deep inhalations
- 5-8 drops in a diffuser
- To calm the nervous system I rub 1 drop on the occiput (the divot at the base of the skull where it meets the spine)
To learn more, watch my video
If this video doesn’t play please click here
*** References for this post ***
“Healing oils healing hands” by Linda Smith, “Aromatherapy for health professionals” by Shirley and Len Price, “Essential Oils Desk Reference” by Life Science Publishing
If you wish to order any Young Living essential oils go to www.youngliving.com and become a member. When you enrol you need to add my sponsor and enroller member number #685608. If you have any questions or need help enrolling/setting up your account please email me: email@example.com
I am an independent Distributor with Young Living Essential Oils because I believe they are the best product I have found on the market today, and I desire to share them with others and enable them to achieve the freedom and wellness that these oils have offered me and my family.
The information provided here is for EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY and is in NO WAY intended to replace proper medical advice. IT IS NOT for diagnostic or prescriptive use or to be construed as instruction on how to cure or treat any condition, illness or disease.