Ningxia Red – My Son’s Favourite Treat
My 9 month old loves to eat what ever I’m eating, but the one thing he has a melt down over if he doesn’t get enough of is Ningxia Red.
My favourite way to have Ningxia Red is to freeze the sachet (I stand them upright in the freezer) and then cut to the top off when I’m ready to eat it. I tend to “share” it with my son, except it means that in the end he pretty much eats most of mine. So then I get another one out of the freezer and he eats that too!
I love them because they are a healthy snack or “dessert” that doesn’t spike my blood sugar levels and leaves me feeling satisfied.
So what is Ninxga Red? (Pronounced ning – sha)
It’s essential-oil infused superfood juice that contains the Goji berry or Ningxia wolfberry from the Ningxia Provence in China.
- NingXia Red contains 55% organic goji berry puree, and the other 45% is a combination of high antioxidant fruit juices: Blueberry, Plum, Aronia, Cherry and Pomegranate.
- It’s sweetened with Stevia which means it contains only a small amount of naturally-occurring sugars (Great for diabetics).
- It contains four types of citrus essential oils to help us absorb nutrients: Orange, Yuzu, Lemon and Tangerine
- Citrus oils are very high in d-limonene. Current research shows that d-limonene helps to protect us against cancer.
NingXia Red has so many benefits – I’m just going to tell you a few of them, so you get the idea.
- It’s an extremely high antioxidant – This means it protects the fats in our body from going rancid…..which is just a technical way of saying that it keeps us looking, smelling and feeling younger!
- It’s a great energy drink – fantastic when you are feeling tired, or when you are doing a workout at the gym. (Take a shot of juice before and after).
- It is packed full of vitamins and minerals – in fact, it has more Vitamin C than oranges, and more beta carotene than carrots.
- It’s also great for eyesight, because it’s extremely high in a super-nutrient called zeaxanthin which helps protect our eyes against macular degeneration.
- NingXia Red supports our immune system – so it’s helpful during cold and flu season….not just for us, but also for children and the elderly.
- It also nourishes our liver, helping it gently detoxify
- If you want to go on a detox, start with this first; it will kick-start the process
2 oz (60ml) shot of NingXia Red is the equivalent to eating:
- 118 heads of broccoli,
- 200 oranges, or
- 45,628 almonds!!!!
- So drinking 2oz (60ml) is like eating (in one sitting) enough fruit and veges to fill a large fridge!!!
- It replaces a lot of vitamin and mineral supplements, so it will save you money, and do wonders for your health
- And it tastes delicious
How much should you have each day? There’s no limit…but the bottle recommends 2oz (60ml), once or twice a day.
Tip: I love to add extra essential oils to my shot of Juice (when pouring from the bottle). My favourites are: Tangerine, Slique Essence, Frankincense, Thieves, Stress Away and Peppermint.
The bottles need to be refrigerated after being opened but the sachets can be stored in the cupboard or frozen.
The information provided here is for EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY and is in NO WAY intended to replace proper medical advice. IT IS NOT for diagnostic or prescriptive use or to be construed as instruction on how to cure or treat any condition, illness or disease.
If you are new to essential oils and would like to order any please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help you set up a Young Living account. My distributor ID # 685608.