Traveling with Essential Oils & a 6 month old
When it comes time to travel I always have to take a hard look at what oils I’m going to take.
I have about 150 Young Living oils to choose from, but the reality is that I don’t need to take all of them with me and having a 6 month old means I have a bunch of baby gear to take as well, so my room is limited.
So what are my travel musts?
I’m going to divide it into two categories
Oils for me and oils for my 6 month old son.
Oils for me:
- Single oils: Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon, Copaiba, Frankincense, Copaiba, Helichrysum, Geranium
- Blends: Thieves, Aroma Siez, Deep Relief, Valor, Melrose, Purification, Di-Gize, Stress Away, Breathe Again, Citrus Fresh
Oils for my son: When I’m using oils on my son I always dilute with V6 carrier oil 1 tbsp to 1 drop. If I don’t have V6 on hand then I use any fatty oil like coconut, olive, almond etc…
- Single Oils: Myrtle, Clove, Frankincense, Lavender, Eucalyptus globulus, Lemon, Copaiba, Helichrysum, Geranium
- Blends: Valor, Di-Gize, Thieves, Peace & Calming, V6 carrier oil blend
So what do I use them for when I travel?
Generally it is for basic first aid and relieving discomfort
Teething: I rub diluted amounts on my sons gums
Clove, Panaway, Copaiba
Colds & Flu: (Keeping them on hand just incase) I rub them on my chest, soles of my feet and diluted on my sons feet or chest
Myrtle, Thieves, Lemon, Frankincense, Eucalyptus globulus, purification
Digestion issues: – I rub them on my belly or on my sons belly
Di-gize, Frankincense, Peppermint (Peppermint is for me only. Avoid using peppermint with children under the age of 3)
Calming/ Sleep: Rub them on the back of my neck, a little under my nose or diluted on the soles of my feet or my sons feet
Peace & Calming, Valor, Stress Away, Lavender, Copaiba
Sore muscles: I rub a few drops of any of these on the areas of pain or discomfort
Deep Relief, Aromasiez, Valor, Panaway
Bleeding/wounds: I use oils to help stop bleeding
Helichrysum and Geranium I put them on the wound to coagulate the blood. I use a few drops straight on the wound for myself and diluted for my son.
Cypress I rub a few drops around the wound to reduce blood flow to the wound for both myself and my sone
Disinfecting: Add to a spray bottle with water and spay on areas to disinfect, I also dilute any of these oils and apply it to wounds to disinfect
Thieves, Purification, Lemon, lavender, Melrose, Thieves Spray (this is thieves oil in an alcohol base it is is ready to spray)
Flavouring: I like to add oils to my water bottle ( I carry a glass bottle around with me, as I can’t add oils to my water in plastic because the oils eat through the plastic and then I get plastic in my water!)
Citrus Fresh, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense,
Other Young Living products I always travel with:
- Lavender Lip gloss (or their cinamint or grapefruit ones are good too, but the lavender is my fav). I definitely need it when I’m on the plane, no matter how much water I drink, and I drink about 6 litres when flying from USA to Australia, my lips still get chapped and dry.
- Comfortone – Travel can sometimes disrupt my bodies regular bowel movements so I take a few each day so I take it to keep me regular
- Alkalime an alkalinising powder which I use when I have over indulged on a meal and I’m feeling bloated or if I have nausea.
- Thieves waterless hand purifier – an hand sanitizer that doesn’t dry your hands out, protects you from germs and smells like peppermint and lemon
Flying with essential oils
I fly with my essential oils. I just have to take them out of my carry case and put them into a ziplock bag. They go through the x-ray machine and I have not found this to impact them negatively at all. They still work for me on the plane!!
Because I can only take a ziplock bag with me on the flight it does limit the number of oils I take in my carry on. The rest of my oils I check in with my baggage.
So on the plane I take Peppermint, Lavender, Frankincense, Clove & Panaway (for my teething son), Citrus Fresh, Thieves, Valor, Breathe Again, Thieves spray and Thieves waterless hand purifier, Peace & Calming, Deep Relief and Stress Away.
I don’t always use them all on the flight but I do like to have them on hand.
If you are new to essential oils and would like to order any please contact me: email@example.com and I can help you set up a Young Living account. My distributor ID # 685608.
The only brand of oils I use are Young Living. The information provided here is for EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY and is in NO WAY intended to replace proper medical advice. IT IS NOT for diagnostic or prescriptive use or to be construed as instruction on how to cure or treat any condition, illness or disease.