Combatting a sore throat with essential oils
Its a combination of Young Living’s Thieves Essential oil blend (Eucalyptus, rosemary, lemon, cinnamon and clove) in an alcohol base. Created to be a disinfectant you can carry around with you, this spray is also excellent to aid in killing the germs that are causing your sore throat.
Just open your mouth and inhale and spray at the same time.
Warning it will make you cough, but its fabulous for coating the back of your throat and killing all those nasties!
Here is a video of me demonstrating it for you.
(If this video doesn’t play click here)
My other favourite oils for a sore throat and immune boosting are:
- Eucalyptus globulus – I like to rub a few drops on my chest and put about 8-10 drops in the diffuser.
- Breathe Again roll on – I like to roll it on my throat and neck.
- Lemon Essential Oil – It is one of the best oils to stimulate your immune system. I like to rub it on my feet and add a few drops to a tsp of honey. Put about 8-10 drops in the diffuser
- Copaiba Essential oil – I like to add a few drops to a tsp of honey along with a few drops of lemon oil.
- Thieves essential oil – Rub a few drops on the soles of my feet, add to a tsp honey, add a few drops to some water and gargle several times per day. And put about 8-10 drops in the diffuser
- ImmuPower essential oil – Rub a few drops on the soles of my feet. Put about 8-10 drops in the diffuser
- Also gargling Young Living’s Thieves mouthwash.
When I’m run down I focus on really boosting my immune system using any (and some times all) of the above oils 3-5 times per day.
If you are new to essential oils and would like to order any please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help you set up a Young Living account. My distributor ID # 685608.